Welcome to the Cannaba Verum podcast, the cannabis truth podcast. I speak the language of cannabis freely and uncensored, while educating my audience on the safe use of this live Plant Therapy. You should know what’s in your cannabis, what’s good and what’s not. It does not come with an FDA stamp of approval yet, using cannabis mindfully, as medication is a different concept in the healthcare philosophy of the past 100 years. There’s a lot to learn and consider cannabis is not dangerous, but it is not harmless, either. This is honey Smith walls, a 21st century cannabis shaman here to explain the language of cannabis in historical, political, and scientific terms, so you can make educated decisions about the medicine you ingest.
Hello my friends… this year is already “giganticized” with both world news and personal adventure and my happy little heart is just buzzin with excitement. I still haven’t been able to get the vaccine but I’m hoping it won’t be too much longer now that other local institutions are in on the deal and Johnson & Johnson’s new product came out that only needs one application.b
With the new government team re-evaluating all kinds of situations, I’m anxiously watching the House vote to rid themselves of a hateful and violently bent woman who is corrupt about reality. The party vote to keep her is an astonishing admission of racism and need for control. So far, only 11 from her party have voted to strip her of duties. There’s 1 left to vote. 199 voted to give her impunity. All 221 Dems voted to strip her of powers because of her violent hateful threats against our elected members of Congress.
I’m hopeful the MORE Act (1) gets; The Marijuana Opportunity ReInvestment & Expungement Act; a sweeping piece of legislation that will begin to make up for years of unbalanced and bigoted behavior from those in control. Introduced by Rep. Jerry Nadler and passed in the House. It reads:
“To decriminalize and reschedule cannabis, to provide for reinvestment in certain persons adversely impacted by the War on Drugs, to provide for expungement of certain cannabis offenses, and for other purposes.” (2)
The purpose and recognition of this bill is monumental to our culture. We shouldn’t overlook the obvious help that cannabis is, as both a medicine and manufacturing commodity… throughout the world… as soon as it’s de-scheduled. I’m constantly amused at the muttering of those who decry a huge new budget and how we’ll pay for it but never regard cannabis as a solution. Remember those 350 Chicago city hall jobs the taxes from cannabis saved a couple months ago? Cannabis will save everyone!
I was recently asked to go over the most important aspects about using cannabis effectively and I thought it was a good time to review those with you as well.
- If you don’t already have a medical marijuana card, you can literally google “pot doctor near me” and use the cheapest and closest one. If you have questions about a serious condition, they’ll be able to help you. They’re American Medical Doctors and Doctors of Osteopath who now help you get a state card to use medical marijuana.
- Let’s consider what your goals are… and let’s start with your sleep. Since our bodies want to repair during sleep (3), it’s best to give yourself good quality rest. If you’re mind won’t shut down or your bladder gets you up too often, cannabis can help both of those issues and more. Unless you sleep like a baby, start there.
- Need something for aches and pain during the day? Ask for a daytime remedy and check to see how often you may need to redose, according to which method of delivery you chose. Each method is different and each patient dose is different.
- How you choose to ingest your medicine will require different time considerations. Some methods take longer to feel an effect but may also last longer. Some methods may have an immediate effect but only last a couple of hours, needing re-dosing throughout the day.
- Purchasing your cannabis through legal medical marijuana dispensaries in Florida means you are protected by the state from contamination because they’re required by law to 3rd party lab test their product before you ingest it. But that’s not law for other stores selling CBD products. They don’t have to lab test for contamination or content or quantity. So it’s Buyer Beware. However, I personally trust CBD American Shaman and Charlotte’s Web CBD. I am not affiliated with either one of these companies. I did my homework and like their business ethics and how they present their products with lab tests to prove their safety. I already knew the product would work. Just had to find one that passed muster. And you should be very careful too. Because there are very unscrupulous people out in the world.
- Now you need to figure out your personal dosage. Remember what they said at the dispensary… start low and go slow. They mean, use a tiny tiny amount to begin with and wait to see how it effects you. Then jot down all the particular. You’ll have to wait awhile, according to the method of delivery, before trying another dose to see if that effect was enough. And so on. Don’t forget to jot it down. This way, you’ll always stay in control of your medications without them getting you too high or using more than you need which builds tolerance.
- If you need to manage the effects of THC, then the dispensary budtenders will help you choose a product that you can better control. It will be a blend of THC with CBD in equal or higher proportion to tame the THC high. And remember to start low and go slow to maintain your control.
- Make a note of what you just took and the time and how you ingested. You’ll want it for comparison later to determine your “sweet spot dose”.
So now you know what to expect when you find a medical marijuana doctor, get your state card, purchase some product then discover your sweet spot for relief.
I hope you’ll visit my website to learn more details about the process or tune into my podcasts on Mondays and Fridays to hear the how to’s and why’s and what to look forward to. I’m working as fast as I can to bring my new book to publication and getting my new website up and running, too. Ohhhhh my goodness there’s a lot of moving pieces in this amazing adventure. I’m so glad we’re on this path together.
Pax Vobiscum, yall
- More Act; https://www.mpp.org/policy/federal/the-more-act/
- Persons adversely affected by War on Drugs; https://www.aclu.org/other/drug-war-new-jim-crow
- Body repairs during sleep; https://www.sleepfoundation.org/how-sleep-works/what-happens-when-you-sleep
- FL dispensaries legally bound to 3rd party lab test; http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0300-0399/0381/Sections/0381.986.html
- CBD American Shaman lab tests; https://cbdamericanshaman.com/lab-reports
- Charlotte’s Web lab tests; https://www.charlottesweb.com/blog/certificate-of-analysis